Empower 400 middle school girls to achieve their full potential.
Enable 20 college students to lead after-school STEM Outreach programs.
Accelerate STEM education in underrepresented communities.
Empower students in
- JerseySTEM is back to work in 2023! We’re building a scholarship fund to support STEM enrichment for middle school girls in underrepresented communities in New Jersey.
- Our mission is to bring science, technology, engineering, and math education to pre-teen and teenage girls through hands-on and online after-school learning opportunities.
- The $20,000 2023/2024 scholarship fund will sponsor 20 college student volunteer program instructors. These mentors will lead after-school STEM programs of up to 20 middle school girls each (400 girls total).
Promote students to pursue STEM careers
This initiative benefits the cause of STEM education in two ways:
- Provide much-needed scholarship support to New Jersey college students in honor of their community service.
- Expose middle school girls in underrepesented school districts to the world of science, technology, engineering and math — while also enhancing their problem-solving and teamwork skills, and bolstering their self-esteem.
We need your help!
- According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, women make up only about 28% of the workforce in STEM careers. Plus, college men vastly outnumber women majoring in most STEM fields.
- The 2023/2024 scholarship fund from JerseySTEM will help increase the presence of women and minorities in some of the fastest-growing and highest-paid jobs in disciplines such as computer science and engineering.
- We do this by emphasizing recruitment of girls for STEM education programs and by sponsoring the education of STEM college mentors.